Providing Content for your Website with Clarke Design
Online Support Ticket System
Log new support tickets, check progress of existing tickets and view your ticket archive
Login at support.clarkedesign.co.uk
Providing content for your website is vital to allow Clarke Design to build a site that's about you and your business. Helping us to get the right content in the right place efficiently, will help us to create a better website for you.
Photographs are an essential part of any website design; a picture is worth a thousand words they say. Providing us with photographs can be a tricky thing, but with a few simple guidelines we can help you to help us get it right.
Don't crop or amend your photographs
When sending your photographs, BIGGER is always better. So we ask that you do not crop, trim or make smaller your original photographs.
Send them to us unaltered, don't try to amend them in any way (other than renaming them). We have all the right tools to do this and having the original, full-size photographs allows us to do this in an appropriate way for your website.
Don't embed photographs in documents
Many people send us documents (usually Microsoft Word or Microsoft PowerPoint) containing photographs. This is far from the best way to send us images and photographs, for many reasons.
- We need to extract the photographs from the document. This just takes us more time.
- You can lose the nice file name you've just spent time coming up with, as internally Word can use its own naming standards.
- You lose quality. Images inside documents may not be as high quality as the original image once they are extracted.
So please just attach each photograph to an email or use one of the services below to send larger photographs to Clarke Design.
Sending us lots of photographs
If you need to send over a couple of photographs, just attach them to an email and send them over. Most email system can send one or two large format photographs quite easily by email.
If however you are sending us a large number of photographs, email will grind to a halt after the first few, so you'll need to resort to a few other methods.
DropBox is an excellent tool for sharing files, documents, images and photographs. It's free initially too.
Just create a folder, add all of the photographs you want to share into it and then share that folder with us to our usual email address. We'll get notified and can download the photographs as we need them.
- Dropsend: If you have a very large file to send or a single ZIP file with many photographs in it, this free service is a great way to send a huge file over the internet.
- WeTransfer: WeTransfer is a free service to send big or small files from A to B
Don't forget too that you can always send us a CD, DVD or USB memory stick full of photographs. We'll always return it back to you.